The technology of preventing fouling of plate heat exchanger should consider the following points:
1) Prevent the formation of scale;
2) Prevent the adhesion between the substances after fouling and their deposition on the heat transfer surface;
3) Remove deposits from the heat transfer surface.
Measures taken to prevent fouling include the following aspects:
Measures to be taken in the design stage
In the design stage of the plate heat exchanger, the following 6 aspects should be considered when considering potential fouling:
1) The heat exchanger is easy to clean and repair (such as plate heat exchanger);
2) After the heat exchange equipment is installed, there is no need to disassemble the equipment when cleaning the dirt, that is, it can be cleaned at the work site;
3) The dead zone and low velocity zone should be minimized;
4) The flow velocity distribution in the heat exchanger should be uniform to avoid large velocity gradients and ensure uniform temperature distribution (such as baffle area);
5) Under the premise of ensuring a reasonable pressure drop and not causing corrosion, increasing the flow rate will help reduce fouling;
6) The influence of heat exchange surface temperature on the formation of fouling should be considered.