The use of heat exchangers in modern industrial production is very common. There are also many types of heat exchangers. Different types of heat exchangers have different product characteristics. Plate and frame heat exchangers are one of the representative products. The technical characteristics of the plate and frame heat exchanger will be introduced below.
Plate and frame heat exchanger
The plate and frame heat exchanger is a new type of high-efficiency heat exchanger made up of a series of metal sheets with a certain corrugated shape. Thin rectangular channels are formed between the various plates, and heat exchange is carried out through the plates. Plate heat exchangers are ideal equipment for liquid-liquid and liquid-vapor heat exchange. It has the characteristics of high heat exchange efficiency, low heat loss, compact and lightweight structure, small footprint, convenient installation and cleaning, wide application, long service life, etc. Under the same pressure loss, its heat transfer coefficient is 3-5 times higher than that of a tube heat exchanger, covering an area of one third of that of a tube heat exchanger, and the heat recovery rate can be as high as 90% or more.
1. High heat transfer coefficient. Because different corrugated plates are inverted each other to form a complex flow channel, the fluid flows in three-dimensional rotation in the flow channel between the corrugated plates, which can be produced at a low Reynolds number (generally Re=50~200) Turbulent flow, so the heat transfer coefficient is high, generally considered to be 3 to 5 times that of the shell-and-tube type.
2. The small-occupancy plate heat exchanger has a compact structure. The heat exchange area per unit volume is 2 to 5 times that of the shell-and-tube type. Unlike the shell-and-tube type, there is no need to reserve a maintenance place for extracting the tube bundle, so the same For heat exchange, the area of the plate heat exchanger is about 1/5~1/8 of the shell-and-tube heat exchanger.
3. The thickness of the plate of the light-weight plate heat exchanger is only 0.4~0.8mm, while the thickness of the heat exchange tube of the shell-and-tube heat exchanger is 2.0~2.5mm. The shell-and-tube shell is better than that of the plate heat exchanger. The frame is much heavier, and the plate heat exchanger is generally only about 1/5 of the weight of the shell-and-tube type.
4. Small heat loss. Only the shell plate of the heat transfer plate of the plate heat exchanger is exposed to the atmosphere, so the heat dissipation loss is negligible, and no insulation measures are required. The shell-and-tube heat exchanger has a large heat loss and requires an insulation layer.
5. Since the interior is full of turbulence, it is not easy to zoom, so it is not easy to zoom. The scale factor of the shell and tube heat exchanger is only 1/3~1/10.m. The working pressure should not be too high, and the medium temperature should not be too high, as leakage may occur. The plate heat exchanger should be sealed with a gasket, the working pressure should not be greater than 2.5Mpa, and the medium temperature should be less than 250C, otherwise leakage may occur.
Plate and frame heat exchangers are widely used in industrial and civil facilities. Due to their outstanding use characteristics, high heat transfer efficiency, small footprint, light weight, non-scaling, and small capacity, users are choosing plates The frame heat exchanger must be selected according to its own needs and the characteristics of the heat exchanger, and choose well-known brand products.